Your EV charge point will be installed by a friendly and fully qualified installers, who are regularly receiving 5 star ratings from customers.
- A standard install typically takes around 3/4 hours.
- The more information you provide during the ordering process, the higher the chance your install will go ahead without delays on the day.
Who installs the electric car chargepoint?
Our in house electricians install all our ev charging points. They are highly trained and experienced electricians and part of their role is to understand the world of electric vehicles and home charging, enabling them to assist with common queries during installation.
How long does it take?
Each install is unique, but a standard install take around 3/4 hours on average.
Tip: No one enjoys a failed installation visit. To avoid nasty surprises, we ask some key questions to identify potential snags during the ordering process. The more information you can provide the more likely your installation visit is a success.
Need to change your arranged time?
Not to worry, we understand that unforeseen circumstances can arise. If you need to reschedule, please cancel the appointment using the cancellation button from your confirmation email and we’ll happily rearrange a time that’s more convenient for you.
What is the installation process on the day?
- Your installer will confirm their arrival time with you in advance of the installation.
- Your installer will help you choose the best position for your EV charge point based on your power supply and the car you have.
- Your installer will firstly position and fix the charger by drilling and clipping the cable to the wall, then briefly turn off the power supply while installing the RCBO and connecting it to the main supply. They’ll then do their final safety tests and make sure your home charger is ready to use.
- Your installer will then provide a full demonstration of how it works, and help you set up your app.
- Finally they will need your Wi-Fi password to complete the setup of your EV chargepoint
Why connect to Wi-Fi?
By connecting to Wi-Fi your EV Charge Point can offer:
- Remote diagnostics, remote support issue resolution.
- “Over the Air” software updates.
- Energy usage reporting and associated features.
- Access to new smart features as they become available in the App.
What comes as standard with your install?
Our standard installation package includes the following:
- The fitting of the charge point on a brick or plaster wall, or to another suitable permanent structure.
- Up to 10 metres of black cable, run and neatly clipped to the wall between the distribution board / electricity supply meter and the charge point.
- Routing of the cable through a drilled hole in a wall, where needed.
- The fitting and testing of electrical connections and protections required for the charge point.
- An additional consumer unit, if required.
- Installation of circuit protection in keeping with BS7671 regulations.
Some conditions and limitations that you need to know about:
- The charge point must be located in your designated off-street parking area and be fixed at a height where it can’t be hit by a vehicle.
- We can’t, as part of the standard package, trench the cable underground or suspend it above ground – if something like this is required please contact us so that we can give you a quote in advance.
- We can’t run cable under floorboards or through ducting / ceiling voids / wall voids without a draw cord (to pull the cable through), or if the floorboards have not been lifted. We can’t take responsibility for reinstating flooring or other building materials after the cable has been laid.
- Installers are not able to work in crawl spaces, on roofs or in lofts if it is deemed unsafe by them.
- Installers are not able to work in extreme weather (i.e. flooding or intense rain). If it is not safe to carry on, your installer will do as much as they can and we will return at a later date.