The complete guide to the Renault Kangoo (2017), from the van itself to running costs and charging.
The table below shows the estimated time to charge your Kangoo from empty to full. For rapid charging, we show the time to charge from 20% - 80%, as charging tends to slow outside this range to protect the battery.
|Charging method||Typically found at||Charging time*||Range/hour**|
|Empty to full|
|3-pin plug||Home||15 h||8 m/h|
|3.6kW||Home / Work||9 h||14 m/h|
|7kW||Home / Work / Public Locations||5 h||26 m/h|
|22kW||Work / Public Locations||5 h||26 m/h|
* Based on EV Made Easy estimates, charging time can differ based on the ambient temperature, the state of the battery (e.g. empty or half full) and variation in charging rate. Max charging rate may also be limited by the vehicle.
** Range per hour is the number of miles you can expect to get from an hour of charging at the relevant rate.
You can charge your Renault Kangoo with a Type 2 connector at home, work or at a public charging point.
You can charge your Renault Kangoo conveniently at home, plug-in when you arrive at work or top up (mostly for free!) when you're out and about at locations including supermarkets and public car parks.
Find out more about Smart Home Charging
Find out more about Workplace EV Charging
Find out more about Residential EV Charging
On Public Networks
* Standard pricing, excludes any grants.
** Other charging options are also available, speak to our team for more information.
*** Available for vehicles with either CCS or CHAdeMO connectors.
The cost of charging your car will vary between home, work and public chargepoints (below are our estimates).
|Home (empty to full)*||£8.32||7.62p|
|Public rapid chargers (20%-80%)**||N/A||N/A|
* Assumes tariff of 28p/kWh. The cost of home charging will vary depending on your electricity rate.
** Assumes tariff of 44p/kWh applicable to most network rapid chargers as of April 2022.
|Official range (WLTP*)||N/A|
|Official range (NEDC*)||168 miles|
|EV Made Easy Confidence Range**||109 miles|
* For information on "WLTP", "NEDC" and more, please visit our Electric Vehicle Dictionary.
** EV Made Easy Confidence Range is the maximum distance we’d be confident driving on electric power between charges. Real range will depend on various factors including driving conditions, personal driving style, outside temperature, heating / air conditioning, etc.
|0-62 mph||22.4 seconds|
|Top speed||81 mph|
|Engine power||59 bhp / 44 kW|
|Battery size||33 kWh|
|Usable battery (EV Made Easy estimate)||29.7 kWh|
|Official battery efficiency (WLTP)||N/A|
|Official battery efficiency (NEDC)||240 Wh/mile|
|Battery efficiency (EV Made Easy estimate)||272 Wh/mile|
|Official MPG (WLTP)||N/A|
|Official MPG (NEDC)||N/A|
|Official CO2 emissions (WLTP)||0 gCO2/km|
|Official CO2 emissions (NEDC)||0 gCO2/km|
|CO2 emissions from UK grid electricity usage (EV Made Easy calculated)*||32 gCO2/km|
* This metric estimates the environmental impact of driving your electric vehicle based on how the electricity that powers your car is generated. We take the average carbon intensity across the UK grid measured throughout 2021 to calculate the expected grams of CO2 emitted per 1 km driven. The actual number will vary by region, when you charge (e.g. carbon intensity is usually lower overnight period) and whether your electricity comes from more renewable sources than the average.
The Renault Kangoo is eligible for the OZEV Plug-in Car and EV chargepoint grants. You will also benefit from £0 road tax and £0 London Congestion Charge.
|Price (excl VAT & PiVG)||£22,968|
|Vehicle Excise Duty (VED)||Amount|
|London Congestion Zone Charge*||£0|
|Ultra Low Emission Zone Charge**||£0|
* A £10 annual registration fee will still apply to each vehicle.
** For further information on London's Ultra Low Emission Zones (ULEZ), please visit our ULEZ guide.
|OZEV EV chargepoint grant||✔||£350||Can be used to reduce the cost of a home charger with installation|
|OZEV Plug-in Car Grant||✔||up to £2,500||Used to reduce the cost of the vehicle|
|EST Domestic Charge Point Grant||✔||£250||Can be used in Scotland in addition to the EV chargepoint grant to reduce the cost of a home charger with installation|
* Prices for vehicles are typically displayed with the Plug-in Car grant discount already applied. Home charging grants are dependent on status of the grant, and subject to eligibility requirements of the applicant as well as the vehicle.