The complete guide to charging your Kia Ceed Sportswagon PHEV (2020), covering electric range, how long it takes to charge, how much it costs, and much more.
The table below shows the estimated time to charge your Ceed Sportswagon PHEVfrom empty to full. For rapid charging, we show the time to charge from 20% - 80%, as charging tends to slow outside this range to protect the battery.
|Charging method||Typically found at||Charging time*||Range/hour**|
|Empty to full|
|3-pin plug||Home||4 h||9 m/h|
|3.6kW||Home / Work||3 h||12 m/h|
|7kW||Home / Work / Public Locations||3 h||12 m/h|
|22kW||Work / Public Locations||3 h||12 m/h|
* Based on EV Made Easy estimates, charging time can differ based on the ambient temperature, the state of the battery (e.g. empty or half full) and variation in charging rate. Max charging rate may also be limited by the vehicle.
** Range per hour is the number of miles you can expect to get from an hour of charging at the relevant rate.
You can charge your Kia Ceed Sportswagon with a Type 2 connector at home, work or at a public charging point.
You can charge your Kia Ceed Sportswagon conveniently at home, plug-in when you arrive at work or top up (mostly for free!) when you're out and about at locations including supermarkets and public car parks.
Find out more about Smart Home Charging
Find out more about Workplace EV Charging
Find out more about Residential EV Charging
On Public Networks
* Standard pricing, excludes any grants.
** Other charging options are also available, speak to our team for more information.
*** Available for vehicles with either CCS or CHAdeMO connectors.
The cost of charging your car will vary between home, work and public chargepoints (below are our estimates).
|Home (empty to full)*||£2.24||7.54p|
|Public rapid chargers (20%-80%)**||N/A||N/A|
* Assumes tariff of 28p/kWh. The cost of home charging will vary depending on your electricity rate.
** Assumes tariff of 44p/kWh applicable to most network rapid chargers as of April 2022.
|Official range (WLTP*)||35 miles|
|EV Made Easy Confidence Range**||30 miles|
* For information on "WLTP" and more, please visit our Electric Vehicle Dictionary.
** EV Made Easy Confidence Range is the maximum distance we’d be confident driving on electric power between charges. Real range will depend on various factors including driving conditions, personal driving style, outside temperature, heating / air conditioning, etc.
|0-62 mph||10.5 seconds|
|Top speed||106 mph|
|Engine power||139 bhp / 104 kW|
|Battery size||8.9 kWh|
|Usable battery (EV Made Easy estimate)||8 kWh|
|Official battery efficiency (WLTP)||N/A|
|Battery efficiency (EV Made Easy estimate)||269 Wh/mile|
|Official MPG (WLTP)||188 mpg|
|Official CO2 emissions (WLTP)||33 gCO2/km|
|CO2 emissions from UK grid electricity usage (EV Made Easy calculated)*||31 gCO2/km|
* This metric estimates the environmental impact of driving your electric vehicle based on how the electricity that powers your car is generated. We take the average carbon intensity across the UK grid measured throughout 2021 to calculate the expected grams of CO2 emitted per 1 km driven. The actual number will vary by region, when you charge (e.g. carbon intensity is usually lower overnight period) and whether your electricity comes from more renewable sources than the average.