The complete guide to the Ford Focus Electric (2017), from the car itself to running costs and charging.
The table below shows the estimated time to charge your Focus from empty to full. For rapid charging, we show the time to charge from 20% - 80%, as charging tends to slow outside this range to protect the battery.
|Charging method||Typically found at||Charging time*||Range/hour**|
|Empty to full|
|3-pin plug||Home||15 h||7 m/h|
|3.6kW||Home / Work||9 h||11 m/h|
|7kW||Home / Work / Public Locations||5 h||20 m/h|
|22kW||Work / Public Locations||5 h||20 m/h|
|50kW||Public Locations||30 min||75 m/30 min|
|150kW||Public Locations||30 min||75 m/30 min|
* Based on EV Made Easy estimates, charging time can differ based on the ambient temperature, the state of the battery (e.g. empty or half full) and variation in charging rate. Max charging rate may also be limited by the vehicle.
** Range per hour is the number of miles you can expect to get from an hour of charging at the relevant rate.
You can charge your Ford Focus with a Type 1 connector at home, work or at a public charging point. There is also a CCS connector for rapid charging.
You can charge your Ford Focus conveniently at home, plug-in when you arrive at work or top up (mostly for free!) when you're out and about at locations including supermarkets and public car parks.
On Public Networks
* Standard pricing, excludes any grants.
** Other charging options are also available, speak to our team for more information.
*** Available for vehicles with either CCS or CHAdeMO connectors.
The cost of charging your car will vary between home, work and public chargepoints (below are our estimates).
|Home (empty to full)*||£8.44||9.34p|
|Public rapid chargers (20%-80%)**||£7.96||14.68p|
* Assumes tariff of 28p/kWh. The cost of home charging will vary depending on your electricity rate.
** Assumes tariff of 44p/kWh applicable to most network rapid chargers as of April 2022.
|Official range (WLTP*)||N/A|
|Official range (NEDC*)||139 miles|
|EV Made Easy Confidence Range**||90 miles|
* For information on "WLTP", "NEDC" and more, please visit our Electric Vehicle Dictionary.
** EV Made Easy Confidence Range is the maximum distance we’d be confident driving on electric power between charges. Real range will depend on various factors including driving conditions, personal driving style, outside temperature, heating / air conditioning, etc.
|0-62 mph||11.3 seconds|
|Top speed||86 mph|
|Engine power||143 bhp / 107 kW|
|Battery size||33.5 kWh|
|Usable battery (EV Made Easy estimate)||30.2 kWh|
|Official battery efficiency (WLTP)||N/A|
|Official battery efficiency (NEDC)||N/A|
|Battery efficiency (EV Made Easy estimate)||334 Wh/mile|
|Official MPG (WLTP)||N/A|
|Official MPG (NEDC)||N/A|
|Official CO2 emissions (WLTP)||0 gCO2/km|
|Official CO2 emissions (NEDC)||0 gCO2/km|
|CO2 emissions from UK grid electricity usage (EV Made Easy calculated)*||39 gCO2/km|
* This metric estimates the environmental impact of driving your electric vehicle based on how the electricity that powers your car is generated. We take the average carbon intensity across the UK grid measured throughout 2021 to calculate the expected grams of CO2 emitted per 1 km driven. The actual number will vary by region, when you charge (e.g. carbon intensity is usually lower overnight period) and whether your electricity comes from more renewable sources than the average.