The complete guide to charging your BMW X2 xDrive25e (2020), covering electric range, how long it takes to charge, how much it costs, and much more.
The table below shows the estimated time to charge your X2 from empty to full. For rapid charging, we show the time to charge from 20% - 80%, as charging tends to slow outside this range to protect the battery.
|Charging method||Typically found at||Charging time*||Range/hour**|
|Empty to full|
|3-pin plug||Home||5 h||7 m/h|
|3.6kW||Home / Work||3 h||11 m/h|
|7kW||Home / Work / Public Locations||3 h||11 m/h|
|22kW||Work / Public Locations||3 h||11 m/h|
|50kW||Public Locations||10 min||76 m/30 min|
|150kW||Public Locations||10 min||227 m/30 min|
* Based on EV Made Easy estimates, charging time can differ based on the ambient temperature, the state of the battery (e.g. empty or half full) and variation in charging rate. Max charging rate may also be limited by the vehicle.
** Range per hour is the number of miles you can expect to get from an hour of charging at the relevant rate.
You can charge your BMW X2 with a Type 2 connector at home, work or at a public charging point.
You can charge your BMW X2 conveniently at home, plug-in when you arrive at work or top up (mostly for free!) when you're out and about at locations including supermarkets and public car parks.
7kW or 22kW Smart Charger
On Public Networks
7kW or 22kw Smart Charger & Rapid Charging***
* Standard pricing, excludes any grants.
** Other charging options are also available, speak to our team for more information.
*** Available for vehicles with either CCS or CHAdeMO connectors.
The cost of charging your car will vary between home, work and public chargepoints (below are our estimates).
|Home (empty to full)*||£2.52||9.26p|
|Public rapid chargers (20%-80%)**||£2.38||14.56p|
* Assumes tariff of 17p/kWh. The cost of home charging will vary depending on your electricity rate.
** Assumes tariff of 25p/kWh applicable to most EV Made Easy rapid chargers as of April 2021.
|Official range (WLTP*)||32 miles|
|EV Made Easy Confidence Range**||27 miles|
* For information on "WLTP" and more, please visit our Electric Vehicle Dictionary.
** EV Made Easy Confidence Range is the maximum distance we’d be confident driving on electric power between charges. Real range will depend on various factors including driving conditions, personal driving style, outside temperature, heating / air conditioning, etc.
|0-62 mph||6.8 seconds|
|Top speed||121 mph|
|Engine power||217 bhp / 162 kW|
|Battery size||10 kWh|
|Usable battery (EV Made Easy estimate)||9 kWh|
|Official battery efficiency (WLTP)||244 Wh/mile|
|Battery efficiency (EV Made Easy estimate)||331 Wh/mile|
|Official MPG (WLTP)||157 mpg|
|Official CO2 emissions (WLTP)||41 gCO2/km|
|CO2 emissions from UK grid electricity usage (EV Made Easy calculated)*||37 gCO2/km|
* This metric estimates the environmental impact of driving your electric vehicle based on how the electricity that powers your car is generated. We take the average carbon intensity across the UK grid measured throughout 2020 to calculate the expected grams of CO2 emitted per 1 km driven. The actual number will vary by region, when you charge (e.g. carbon intensity is usually lower overnight period) and whether your electricity comes from more renewable sources than the average.
The BMW X2 is only eligible for the EV chargepoint grant, but you will benefit from £0 year 1 road tax.
|Vehicle warranty||3 years / unlimited miles|
|Battery warranty||8 years / 74,500 miles|
* On-the-road price including Plug-in Car Grant, if applicable.
|Vehicle Excise Duty (VED)||Amount|
|Benefit in Kind (BiK) tax year||BiK tax rate||Annual BiK value|
|For cars registered after 6 April 2020|
* For further information including how to calculate personal BiK liabilities, please visit our Electric Car Tax guide.
|London Congestion Zone Charge*||£15|
|Ultra Low Emission Zone Charge**||£0|
* A £10 annual registration fee will still apply to each vehicle.
** For further information on London's Ultra Low Emission Zones (ULEZ), please visit our ULEZ guide.
|OZEV EV chargepoint grant||✔||£350||Can be used to reduce the cost of a home charger with installation|
|OZEV Plug-in Car Grant||✘||£0||Used to reduce the cost of the vehicle|
|EST Domestic Charge Point Grant||✔||£250||Can be used in Scotland in addition to the EVHS grant to reduce the cost of a home charger with installation|
* Prices for vehicles are typically displayed with the Plug-in Car grant discount already applied. Home charging grants are subject to eligibility requirements of the applicant as well as the vehicle.